Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My YOUTH'10 Articles In The Star!(Animax Cosplay Comp Pics Included)

If you're a keen follower of my blog(which is kinda rare I must admit),you'd remember that I once proclaimed that I wanted my own byline when I wrote the article on the Tomoi comp.Well,wish granted as Sandra Tan,awesome intern of R.AGE gave me one.

Although I was a bit disappointed that my cosplay comp article was shortened to mesh together with Sandra's and my article on Shobana went uncredited,this was definitely more than I bargained for.I had half expected to only get one article published while the other relinquished to the travesty that is the R.AGE official website.You can read the online versions of my articles here and here.


Okay,enough with the ungrateful whining.On to the pictures!!!


She was the most interesting interviewee I had all 3 days at YOUTH'10.Her story was humorous and sad,both at the same time.Unfortunately,she did not want to provide me with her real name,so I couldn't put a lot of focus on her in my article.However,I did quote her in the original write-up.



I met this guy on the train to PWTC.I instantly knew he was a cosplayer by the large bulge in his backpack.What I didn't knew was the character he was dressing up as.Nice one,Bob!


This is,without a shadow of a doubt,my most favourite costume at the competition.Not many can pull off the look,but Edlin Rizal does not belong to that category.


Gan Kok Khai,I'm happy for you and I'm gonna let you pose,but Masamune Date is the manliest character on Sengoku Basara of all time!OF ALL TIME!


Another one whose name I did not manage to retrieve,this cosplayer can definitely rock the Hakane Mitsu look.


Be warned,more Vocaloid cosplaying coming up.


Ng Jia Xin and Tsu Jean.Names forever engraved in my mind for their..."tasteful" posing in another photograph which I am keeping for..."sentimental reasons".*cough*

You can't have a cosplay event without at least one guy from Final Fantasy.

If there ever will be a time I fall in love with a cosplayer,Tan Cho Kuan will be the one.



Marina Shukry,or better known by her online persona Version Reiter,all smiles after winning the Best Cosplayer award.A no-brainer actually,seeing the painstaking work on her get-up.

(from left to right)The-Girl-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named as Alice from Pandora Hearts winning for Best Skit,Marina Shukry as Seth Nightroad from Trinity Blood for Best Cosplayer and The-Guy-Whose-Name-I-Forgot-To-Ask for Best Craftsmanship.

If you're a cosplayer and you got any cosplay event that you would like coverage for,hit me up on this blog or at my email,saya_orang_cina@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment