Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Muay Thai Article In The Star!(plus Muay Thai photos)

Some of you(and I use this term very loosely)must have heard of the National Youth Day celebrations held in Putrajaya last weekend.As a member of The Star BRATs,a young journalist program,I volunteered to cover the kickboxing competition,also known as tomoi.

Well,today my article was published and it was welcomed with mixed feelings.On one hand,I'm really glad that my story appeared especially when compared to the other BRATs there who could not find enough stuff to write about.But on the other hand,I'm pretty bemused by the fact that my 800+ words article became something of a footnote to Sandra Tan's overall cover story of the whole event.Granted,I'm not a big shot and don't rate my own page,but the work that has gone into writing it seemed to go down the drain.

Nevertheless,I can be comforted by the fact that I now have a new addition to my portfolio.With any luck,I will be able to amass a sizeable number to present to the Astro Scholarship Awards committee next year.

Anyway,below are the pics of my article(headlined 'Just for Kicks...and Punches) which appeared on page 4 of Star Two.Click this to read it online.Scroll further down for the photos I took during the demo and competition.

One day,I will receive my own byline.




Btw,my article was the 3rd most read story on the R.AGE website.Consider my ego stroked.





























































No comments:

Post a Comment