Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Story - Part 2

First and foremost, let me say thank you. To everyone who's been nice and encouraging and supportive. It warmed my heart reading the tags you left. It really did. Makes me feel I shouldn't let you guys down and blog more about my (somehow super dramatic sometimes) life. =D Part 2...here goes...


Okay this part is slightly more difficult...as I had NO sms or tweet history for 10Dec to jog my memory (which has been failing me these past few years...early sign of Alzheimer's...more on that another time)

10Dec09
This took me the longest time to recall. I had no idea what I was doing that day, then I suddenly remembered (thanks to my tweet). Filming at Sembawang Park. After filming at 6pm I remembered smsing Joel to tell him I'm done, and he called me. Then I had no idea what to do for the rest of the evening and was contemplating for the longest time if I should go for the riding theory evaluation so that I can pass so I can book for my Riding Theory Test. Only after passing the theory test can I book for my PDL which is required for me to go on to the main road for the later part of my learning.

Anyway, after MUCH hesitation and loads of contemplating, I got him to go online to book the evaluation for me. Scheduled at 8pm. I passed, of course. Full marks. (It's basically a lot of common sense questions, and even more so if you've been a driver since 2003, like me.)

He told me to call him when I'm done then maybe we can meet near his place in CCK, and I did call, but he didn't pick up, so I decided to take the first 187 bus that came along, and headed to Woodlands. Except that he smsed me shortly AFTER I got onto the bus. Meaning I was like, stuck and somewhere in Bt Panjang already. Nowhere near an MRT la, to put it simply, and I know no other way to get there.

Then he sent another sms saying he'll just eat cup noodles then, it's alright. ~.~ Any person would feel bad la. I don't know about you guys, but if a friend wants to meet me or makan, then for some reason I can't make it, and he/she tells me they'll just eat cup noodles, I'll feel guilty like mad. (Even though I love instant noodles myself...used to binge on them when I was younger...and I mean even after I've eaten and was already full...explains the fats then...)

So I had an idea. 187 will go pass Marsiling MRT on the way to Woodlands Interchange. I'll drop off there, THEN take the train down. Brilliant idea. So I did, and called him saying I will see him at the train station. Though he was trying so hard to get me to go earlier on...but I had rejected the offer many times that night, and given the act-blur-dee-gong reaction whenever he asked if I was heading to CCK for dinner. I was tempted la of course, but didn't want to seem so, so pretend lor! (He's going to read this and suan me for it, along with all the other secretly-happy episodes I had...bleah~)

We had dinner at Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe that night. Please note that at this moment, we were still keeping our distances. Both of us probably knew how the other party felt, but still, we kept things relatively distant. At most it's some harmless flirting and testing water on the phone. And it's nice. I noticed he was quiet that night. Not sure why. Maybe he was tired. Maybe I was just sensitive and it's just one of those quiet days. Or perhaps something was bothering him. I wasn't sure. (And still am not.) He made a nice gesture by offering to send me back on his dad's car, so I let him. I was tired. (Plus I wanted to see him longer...)

Unexciting night, I know...

Next day (11Dec09), Mummy and Sis had gone to Genting (I was supposed to go too but due to filming schedules, I had to cancel my trip.) I had free use of the car. Nothing beats mobility with your own personal mode of transport. I told him about it, and suggested that I drive to my riding practice, then hand him the keys so he can drive back THEN come back and get me when I'm done. Saves my parking fees, makes it easier for him to get home, plus I found myself an excuse to see him later in the day. Brilliant idea~ Though I am absolutely sure my mum would get into a mad frenzy and start nagging non-stop if she knew some stranger had been driving her car. With my permission, not hers. She'll probably not speak to me for days. Either that or she'll start lecturing, then she won't let me drive the car anymore, so I'll have to quickly get my licence so I can  quickly get my bike.. Anyhow, I WILL get it once she reads this. But I'm going to risk it all and write it down so that you guys can read the whole story~ So nice of me right? Ya I know~~ ^.^

I'm not saying she's a horrible and super 难搞 person. She's a great mum. She is. Strong. Independent. And funny.  She's just very sticky with regards to who I date. And honestly speaking, except for like 7 years ago when I was going out someone she really really liked, she hasn't really been hospitable to ANYONE I've dated since. It didn't help matters that she had gone to this fortune teller long ago and the guy told her I will have a failed marriage if I do get married before I'm 27. The most recent one she went to in June told her I'll only get married when I'm in my mid-thirties and even if I was seeing someone now, it wouldn't work out. (I was dating someone in June, and oh well..it didn't work out, like he said.) So being a firm believer in fengshui, naturally she will think that I'm wasting my time and effort if I'm putting any of those into guys and dating, and that I'll probably be a huge star by now if I spent those efforts on myself and my job.

Anyway, he came and picked me up after my riding, but luck's not on my side. He has dinner plans with his family, so he's gotta drive himself back to get the family car and pick the family up from somewhere in Woodlands. Meaning I gotta drive myself home after he gets there. =( Oh well...might as well. Go home and do some laundry and wash the toilet. (I did, in case you think it's just some figure of speech~) And so we went our separate ways~

I contemplated going shopping for black sneakers cos all my sneakers were either very old and torn and water ALWAYS got in when I rode in wet weather, or they were white, and got stained very easily due to kicking up the gear pedal. For dunno-what-reason, I contemplated for so long I just dropped the idea and decided to just head home.

I got home and was halfway through doing my laundry when I got a call from him. Saying his family had yet to reach so he's just bumming around somewhere.
Me: 你要的话可以过来我家坐坐。
Him: 哈?真的啊?
Me: 我可以陪你等。总好过你吊着也不懂要去哪里。
Him: 哦。Actually 我在你家楼下...
Me: ...

At this point it was a mixture of surprise, shock, confusion (because I wasn't sure what to do next as I was in the midst of my laundry), relief (that I had not gone shopping) and happiness (because he somehow missed me so much he's come to see me again once he had the chance!!!!!!!!)

Me: 你给我两分钟。我马上下来。

What? 我跟他又没那么熟!请他上来很怪啦!更何况他又没说要喝水还是用厕所什么的。So it's only right that I go down. A while nia ma...

I was probably looking goofy and stupid grinning from ear to ear when I got down. But I was happy. Like, we both knew that his gesture was quite obvious but neither of us mentioned anything. We just chatted at the playground for a bit till his parents called and he had to go. It was probably a brief 10-15 minutes, but it was good enough to make me smile the entire night.

Some days ago, during dinner, I found out his birthday lies on December 12th. And that was tomorrow. I had prepared his birthday present (I can't remember which day it was but it was in the past 2 days that I went n got it) and was thinking maybe, just maybe, I might be able to pass him his present tonight after midnight.

I got home and was soon concussed on my bed, and the next thing I knew, it was 12:50am, December 12th. Oh geez! Damn!!! The first thing I did was to check my phone, and voila~! His sms! At around 12:30am (not sure of the exact time cos the msg has since been deleted): What are you doing?

I called back IMMEDIATELY and .... dial tone... more dial tone....and MORE dial tone... Then a lady's voice. "You have reached mailbox number 9......." ~.~ Oh well...he's either asleep, busy, clubbing, or drunk... (I found out later it was all 3 of the latter...) BUT BUT BUT!!! He msged me when he was in the toilet and half-drunk! He thought of me leh!!!! Despite me being quiet (aka asleep) for the past few hours... TEEHEEHEE~~~~!!!

No, I didn't get to see him on his birthday. I was filming. But he did call in the afternoon when I was break-ing for lunch. Said he gotta go out and get some things done, then he gotta attend a colleague's gathering of sorts. Like sad la. I'd be damn sad if I've to attend some random gathering on my birthday. 没人帮我庆祝就算了,还得去应酬人~ Just as well. My shoot was a full day shoot till evening.

I am going to be super 吊胃口 and stop here. Because what happens the next day will be a long entry, and you guys have probably waited so long I can see your turtle necks stretched out so I decided I shall post something first...but I'm so tired I won't continue writing until later. Part 3 soon~


Love~
Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment