Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Story - Part 1

Popcorn and snacks ready?


Okay, for those of you who have no idea what's going on and have probably gotten a gist of it from the top section of this post and are dying to find out, here is the story of my life in the past 6 weeks. (I'm sorry I didn't blog much these past weeks, simple reason being I was really busy at first, and later on not knowing how to blog about things.)

For haters who have left nasty tags on my tagboard, shame on you. Ah ah ah~ Don't start saying "Shame on yourself!" I hear you. Shut! And I mean it. Keep quiet. Listen. There's probably a reason why you're not a lawyer. You're prejudgemental. Ever since I was a kid, I've hated people who are prejudgemental. I think they are stupid. Cos at the end of the day when everything sees daylight, they end up hiding in a corner and having to eat their words looking absolutely stupid. For those of you whose vocabulary list is only as long as an A4 sized paper,

prejudgement means
a judgement reached before the evidence is available

and to prejudge means
to judge beforehand, prematurely, without all the evidence.


Now that we've gotten that understood, I would like to present my story. Please do read it with an open mind, as if you don't know anything, or it'll spoil the story. =D

p/s. Everything is factual. Only the name of the guy would be made up, to leave room for exit.





At the end of November, I made up my mind to forget my past relationship and move on. Learn a new skill or something. And for followers of my blog, you'd know my November entries were all about contemplating on a vehicle. Get a bike. And in that case, I gotta have a Class 2B licence. So I happily registered myself as a member of a driving centre, and started going for lessons in on 30Nov'09.

I remember my very first lesson. I remember being so excited. (OMG! It's so cool la! I'm going to be a female biker!!!) I went with an open mind to learn. In the briefing room, while waiting for lesson to commence, some instructors remember me, it seemed, from my PSS days, and I got quite a bit of attention from the other guy learners. As what I usually would have done, I ignored all these and focussed on what I went there to do - my learning.

Each instructor would call out the subjects they are taking, and the learners taking those subjects would adjourn outside to get a bike a await further instructions from their respective instructors. As the room cleared, the only instructor left was this young chap whom I wasn't sure was Malay or Chinese. And that made me a tad shy (yes I do get shy la...) but I pretended like nothing was wrong while secretly cursing why couldn't I get a shorter/older or senior-looking instructor cos that would have made me less self-conscious.

"2B first lesson come here." Chinese. I thought I saw another slip at the subject 1.01 tray as well (maybe I was new and blur and cock and saw wrongly), but there was only me. So I awkwardly inched forward to the first row of seats where the instructor stood and listened while he went through the housekeeping - where to get subject tags, what to do after you print the slip, yada-yada...

I was then brought to the bike area where I was allocated a bike. And the basics of operating a bike were taught to me. And I mean basics. Like where is the brake la, gear la, clutch la, and so on. And I was told to sit on the bike and move forward and back like some idiot a hundred times. (At this point another learner joined me but I was no longer self-conscious - too busy with focussing on the bike to worry abt the instructor liao.) No, contrary to what many people thought, I wasn't told to bang against the tires. Just sit on it. Feel the clutch. Feel the bike move as I release the clutch at biting point. Moving at like 2km/h. Something like that.

Then 100 minutes passed and it was time to end the class. After debriefing, the instructor told me I looked familiar and I told him that he might have seen me on tv many years back. Then I went home. I didn't even know the name of the instructor who took me. But then again, I remember when I was taking Class 3 6 years back, that instructors don't usually self-introduce before a lesson. So I left it at that.

I vaguely remember finding him quite good-looking then. Not like dashing-good-looking which would melt me or anything, but pleasantly boyishly good-looking. But that was it la. I went home and went about my life, and went for lessons almost every day. I really wanted to get my licence and a bike soon. (Because I was getting poor and sick of being mobile-y handicapped.)

On my third day there (03Dec'09), he took my subject again. I was made self conscious again and was cursing under my breath. Like, so many instructors la, what are the chances?

Anyway, I thought the instructors were kinda good. Like, they tell you exactly what you did wrong so you know why this happens. For me, I kinda got confused over going down to gear 1 and the braking..."kick down as many times as you can to get to gear 1" and "kick twice" (which was taught a day ago). So in my state of kalangkabok-ness while concentrating on a million and one things, my left feet was like flitting on the gear pedal la. Until the cute instructor came and told me to just tap down slowly, not taptaptaptaptaptaptaptap like my foot was so damn busy.

That made me so paiseh la. But I thanked him for correcting my mistake graciously anyway. By this time, I was kind of drawn to him. During the debrief, however, I noticed a ring on his left ring finger. Not those fancy kinds of rings, but the simple kind, the kind of design you see on, perhaps, a wedding band.

At this point thoughts were going through my head, obviously. Is he married? But he's so young! (25, to be exact, and that IS young)

Is he like how I was when I as in the airline? I wore a nice pseudo-diamond (crystal la~) ring on my left ring finger cos I kept getting advances from crew and passengers alike. The ring sort of keeps admirers and tryers away. And in case you're wondering, I bought the ring myself. But told the whole world it was an engagement ring la~

Maybe he's some pantang kid like me who wears rings for certain fengshui reasons. Many youngsters these days believe in fengshui. I'm obsessed with it.

So that day, on the way back, I left a msg on twitter and facebook, saying I think my riding instructor's kinda cute. I remember people replying in twitter and telling me to ask him out, and me replying to those tweets that he was wearing a ring and I didn't dare. What? I am NOT someone who does things like that la. I like relationships which are simple and sweet. The kind that keeps you smiling for days... You know, the school days type of relationships? No complications. And the only worry you have is parents finding out that you are dating someone and that they would disapprove of him/her.

So, I kept it at that. Thinking he's cute. That's it. N maybe so curious I'm dying to find out more about this guy. It's been a long time since I felt so compelled to do anything. I wanted to know his name (I still didn't), whether he's attached (what?!!! 不可以心动吓!!!), whether we have any friends in common....everything. I went home, went online, and realized I couldn't find out anything because I didn't even know his name...

The Sunday (06Dec09), I saw him at the centre again *squeals*. Actually I saw him almost every day at the centre, but we didn't speak. He came over to make small talk that day(Opportunity!) and I casually mentioned that I didn't know his name. He showed me his instructor card. Joel. Alright! Of course, I didn't jump around in front of him la. Just glad that I finally got his name. And it wasn't even the same name reflected on the slip on my very first lesson lor! Turned out instructors sometimes change the slots amongst themselves so you may not always get the instructor that's reflected on your printed slip.

That night, I went home and tried to find out as much about Joel from everywhere. Facebook, Google, Friendster, you name it. (Okay I didn't try MySpace because like, who uses MySpace in Singapore anyways?) I was blogging about the guy who said my smile was sweaty at the same time la so MAJOR multitasking. He was and has been on my mind for the past few days. Strangely. Because honestly, I've never felt that way about anyone in a looooooooooooooong time.

Nothing. I found nothing. He wasn't on facebook or friendster. What sort of loch-less monster is he? 25 and he doesn't use facebook? I tried his first then last name, last then first name, full name, just dialect name, hanyu pinyin. Nope. Nothing. Because he's quite cute-looking, I would half expect that he's some player of sorts with 1000 friends in his friend list, mostly girls. But don't have leh!!! WTH~ This evoked my curiosity even further and the knowledge of nothing except his name was practically getting on my nerves. Pek chek you know.

I even tried to google him. Like "riding instructor joel" or something like that. Cannot find a damn thing la! Until! Until! I saw his name on a search finding and opened it up. It was this "Who's Going" social party networking site. For clubbers to find out what parties there are, what's happening at which club and so on. So~! He's a chiongster! O....kay.....not my type then. I'm not one myself, and I only go clubbing when it's a friend's birthday, or a friends' gathering. Other than that, I find clubbing meaningless. I don't need random strangers rubbing up against me. Once I went with like a group of girlfriends and suddenly there was this army guy rubbing his cock against my arse! WTFFFFF!!!! I elbowed him, and he didn't just NOT get it, he held on to my elbow then wrapped his arms around me from behind la! While still grinding his by-then-damn-hard cock against me! Fucking gross!!!! I resorted to stomping on his feet with my heels while still pretending to be dancing.

Anyway, point here is I hardly club, and would prefer most times to meet with friends at some cafe joint or kopitiam or Sembawang Park or something, to chit chat. We don't have to yell at these places, and we can chill somewhat sedately in a nua comfy position. Instead of having to bob up and down (that's club-dancing) or being squashed like sardines like in Phuture.

That said, I made a mental discount of my impression of this guy. Then, I read closely the info in that page and realized the lat log in date was in 2007. O...kay..... means what? He stopped clubbing or got more sms invites so he didn't have to rely on the site info anymore? I tried viewing the pictures but it said I couldn't like, view anything without logging in la! KNN...So mahuan.... No surprises here. I created an account so I could stalk, erm, I mean find out more.

I did find a picture of him with a girl, whom I suppose was his gf. Thing here is, I don't know if they're still together. The last log in and photo was 2007 what. Alright, it states he was attached. So approach with caution. No point getting into shit and having to clean up later.

Wah I tell you....finding out about this guy took me the whole night la. By the time I FINALLY decided to give up, it was 9am. -.-" Damn tiring la. Can't he just be some normal guy with an active fb account so my job's easier? Grr....

Anyway, the next evening (07Dec09), after my riding lesson, he came to speak to me again when I was taking my stuff out of the locker. I asked if his next lesson is starting soon already (like duh~ in between each slot is just a 10min break...)  BUT BUT BUT!!!!!!!! Guess what?! He said he's done for the day! And that he ended work at 4already but was taking OT. Woot~! I hadn't eaten anything for the day (and it was 8pm already~) so I casually (this one REALLY wasn't planned or schemed or what la) asked if he had eaten. HE said he hadn't! So...yup~ I asked if he would like to have dinner tgt. He told me to wait for him at the canteen while he got changed out of his uniform. 没有暗爽是假的啦!Didn't show, of course. Cannot show one la! Later look desperate leh. Plus, it was just dinner. And I still know nothing about him. Even whether or not he was attached then. Nothing fancy. We took the shuttle bus to the MRT and merely went to the nearby McDonald's. I can't remember what we ate. But it was some new burger that Macs came out with and it came in an Avatar burger box. Some teriyaki thingy. And throughout dinner, his ring still kept me curious.

Anyway, we chatted for a bit and took the MRT home. He got off at his station then I proceeded on my own way home. Ya what..nothing what. He wasn't driving and even if he was, he wasn't anyone to me so I wouldn't expect him to send me back. Made sense that he got off at his station when he reached first right? Yes. Ok.

08Dec09, somehow he was doing OT again. And finished the same time I did! Such coincidence! This time round I can't remember how la, but we ended up leaving the centre together. I remembered when we were walking to the MRT gantry he looked at his phone, so I casually asked if that was his gf and if he had to go off early. He said "No la~" like it was an absurd statement, and proceeded to telling me he wanted to change his phone and some random conversation about Samsung phones. We didn't want to eat Macs again, and for some reason we took the train all the way to Woodlands.

Ate at the foodcourt at CWP. Duck rice. Okay okay that was unnecessary trivia. Autobiographies are boring ma~ Lol~ Anyways, dinner done. Time to go. He asked how I was going back and I said I was walking. I could take a bus la, but I like to walk home at night in the nice cool weather.  Daytime? Forget it. Bus for sure. He offered to walk with me!!!! *hops around* Okay I didn't really do that. But yeah, I was secretly happy.

It felt like school days. When you feel that tingle in you and you keep smiling to yourself like some dumbass retard, all because of some guy's sweet gesture. I never wanted the night to end. And trust me, I took a r.e.a.l.l.y sloooooww walk to my place. We arrived at the bus stop just outside my block and I showed him how to walk to Admiralty stn from there (straight ahead, basically). For some weird silly reason, I asked if he needed me to walk with him there since it was a less than 10 min walk from my place. And he agreed. Cheeky ass. You send me, I send you, you send me again...neverending la like that~ Not that I minded of course~ Teehee~

So we walked some more... and got to the MRT station. It was like about 10:30pm already la~ There was a Macs there and he suddenly said he wanted to eat ice cream. Dunno if he really wanted to eat ice cream or was just prolonging his stay there...bleah~ We sat down for ice cream...and chit chatted all the way until 12ish... I checked the MRT schedule and told him the last train was in 20min. AND we chit chatted somemore...until the MRT electronic board says the next train would be the last train. I told him, and he just continued sitting there, pretending nothing was happening...then he said "Later we walk back to your place then you take your mum's car and send me home la~" WAH~~~~ 这样也行~ Okay la~ then I'll find out where he stays. OR at least the block or the area. Lol~ I brought up casually that I'd like to add him on facebook and asked for his email. And I somehow asked for his number too. I forgot what excuse I used already la. Too excited and slightly annoyed that he hadn't asked for my number. =P But I got it la~ And miss-called him. I even sent him a picture from my phone for him to add into his caller display. Lol. Not shy hor...SHY LA!!! Pretend to be not nia lor~

So that was it la. 2nd dinner in consecutive 2 nights, and no smses or calls from anyone. Plus he was with me till late. IF he was still attached either his gf works night shifts or is a stewardess and is out of town or something, which would make him a player. I still don't know much about him, except that he's either damn disciplined about taking numbers from girls or damn expert at making people buay tahan so they would ask him first. Anyways, I sensed interest already. Why else would anyone be so gay-siao? *grins*

When I got back, the original carpark lot was gone. And I had to park all the way to the carpark rooftop! Wa lao~ I sent him a msg complaining, and he didn't reply until 6ish in the morning (probably concussed after reaching home). He apologised about it and said "dinner's on me tonight"!!!!!!! No I wasn't am chio-ing then, I LAUGHED to myself the moment I read it!!! So I replied "Did you just decide for me that I'll be having dinner with you tonight?" all the while grinning to myself. "Ya, i think i just decided for you. Haa. Sorry I forgot to ask if you are free. are you?" So sneaky!!!! Of course I was free! Not free also will become free lor! I was so happy I tweeted about it that morning!

Okok...I had riding lessons that night at the same time. He didn't do OT that day. He said he'll go back first and shower and get the car then pick me up after my lesson! Woot~! He brought me to Bt Timah  (you know that stretch opposite Beauty World? Ya there) Boon Tong Kee. We had a nice pleasant chat over dinner, then he sent me home. That's it. Simple. Nice. Good enough for me. (Those who've tried to date me will know I like to take things slow, especially this past year. Proceed with caution has been what I live by, relationship-wise.)

Alright, by this time my gut feelings tell me: 1. he's not attached, and 2. he's interested. I REFUSE to ask straight out if he's attached. Cos that will give away that I am interested, though by now I'm sure it was pretty obvious. But different ma! When you actually verbalise it, it confirms things. Right? Like when you feel for someone, so be it~ Feelings nia what, and maybe body language. But it's different altogether when you finally say those 3 magic words. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about la~

Okay...I am officially tired. Other than dinner, and a short movie "New York, I Love You" at 9pm, I've spent practically the whole day doing nothing but blogging and recalling what's happening and checking smses and my tweets to make sure every single information was right. So far it's just a regular girl-meets-boy story yeah?

I'll continue part 2 tmr okay? (And I mean continue blogging about it tmr, no guarantees about finishing it and getting it published. I'll try though, promise.) If I want to post it as ONE SINGLE POST I think everyone will become pa jiao reading it.

I got a shoot in the morning later and I haven't even started reading the scripts. Need to go study my scripts now. Goodnight folks. And thank you for taking the effort to hear me speak, instead of cursing and swearing at me then saying you'll stop coming to my blog and leaving forever. You guys rock. =)

Love and Peace,
Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment