Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My YES2009 Articles Are In TheStar!

Though I doubt many of my fellow youths read The Star newspaper,I'm pretty sure at least a small number is aware that the Youth Engagement Summit 2009 took place at PICC last week.I had the opportunity to attend as a member of The Star BRATs,a young journalist programme organised by the newspaper.One of my tasks was to write a few pieces on the youth leaders and speakers present.

In today's paper,you would be able to read the articles written by yours truly and my team members as well.The original ones were definitely a lot longer,but due to space constraints(and possibly the quality of our work)Sharmila Nair,a member of the R.AGE team had to edit them into two pages.Nonetheless,I was still able to recognise my work at places.

I am aware that the SPM exams are still ongoing as I am after all,sitting for it too.But I'm sure you can take just a moment of your time to read the articles.My team and I really worked our butts off at YES2009 and we would be just a bit little happier to know that our work is appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by my blog,and happy reading!






I was also on the front page of StarTwo!If you'd look closely at the first post,you'd recognised my Facebook profile pic.Double score!

No comments:

Post a Comment