Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Economic Crisis

Contrary to popular belief,I am not a rich person.I may be tighter than a duck's butt when it comes to emptying the contents of my wallet,but that doesn't mean I have the GDP of Liberia stored away someplace.I am a student after all,a student still dependent on his mother's ability to hold her job mind you.I got some savings,yeah,but I have no direct control over where it will go to.The mum's got the bank account book stashed in a secret compartment of her office,and I made the terrible mistake of not memorizing my account number when I receive it for inspection at the end of each month.

And like any other individual in this sad ball of rock and water we call Earth,I have a few special wants.'Kehendak' for all you Ekonomi Asas students out there.Right now,all my allowance is going to my needs,with nary a little left each week to save.And there's plenty of things I wanna get,all equally important.Here's the lowdown on my wish list,for all you sibuk people reading this self indulgent post.






I confess,I have a huge ego.I may like the idea of being an open-minded person with humility to boot,but I am not.I can't bear watching films starring a female lead in a setting where the males are portrayed as sexist,savage and uneducated assholes.I understand that females have been the overlooked and mistreated gender in history,but these films tend to overexaggerate the villainy of the antagonists.And I am a pretty traditional kinda guy.I believe that if a woman can do it,a man has to do it so much better.

So when my friend Avisha managed to climb Mount Kinabalu,I had this nagging feeling that I should be able to do it too.I know I am a prick,but my ego is pretty uncontrollable.With this motive in mind,I roped in a few of my male friends to join me on this quest to prove that males are the dominant species.Lol.

The only obstacle standing in my way is the high cost of such a trip.Without counting accomodation and meals,the trip will set me back about RM300.


Besides that,I do not have the right hiking gear.A simple haversack like the one above is priced at RM200,and that is considered cheap.I also need boots as well.



SPM,let alone trials is not quite over yet.However,I am already planning my college expenses.And one of the key items I must possess would be a laptop.Currently,I own a desktop but naturally it would be difficult to take from place to place.College work definitely requires a lot of project work and presentations,so a portable laptop would ease my burden of having to rely on noisy and unhygienic cybercafes.I don't need a high end one,it just has to be able to perform when I need it.Cost?RM2.5k to 3.5k.



I am also a notorious procrastinator.Though it's been half a year since I turned 17,I haven't even taken my Undang.Since I plan to do some internship during my free time,I'm gonna need a ride to get me to places I have to be.And I require a driver's licence for that.Total amount for Undang plus driver's exam?RM850+.

You know the bulky cameras of yore?Like the first Kodak easyshare above?Yeah,I still own that hulking piece of crap.To add salt to injury,the camera's been battered and bruised countless of times.The battery compartment has to be held down by tape for God's sake!And it is only 3.5 Megapixel!A new slimmer camera?In the RM400-RM600 price range please.
Update!
I got a new camera!Pentax Optio M30!7.1 Megapixel!Sure,it might be a hand me down from my dad but hey,beggars can't be choosers.It's still in tip top shape and really slim.So it's one item off my list,one burden off my shoulders.Thanks,dad.

I don't even wanna calculate how much my wish list is gonna cost me.All I know is I truly want all of them,pretty desperately.In fact,I'm so desperate,I have resorted to joining a variety of contests.To name a few:Red FM's Fourplay(unfortunately already ended),Fly FM's online contests and The Star Power of 9 contest.

And they say only adults feel the economic pinch.Sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment