Sunday, May 31, 2009

Susan Boyle-wed Over In Final

Yes,I am aware it is a lame heading.And no,I am not a fan of Susan Boyle.She recently lost the final of Britain's Got Talent to a bunch of actually talented young street dancers and came in second place.Also noteworthy was the second runner up,the saxophonist Julian Smith.In contrast to other people around the world,I do not like this woman who hails from the tiny town of Blackburn,Scotland.Not because of trivial things like her appearance or her origins.No.I just think that singing is not the greatest talent in the world.I have a major gripe with talent shows that crown singers instead of more deserving people like musicians,daredevil dancers and illusionists.These people have been practicing and honing their craft for ages.You can't be a great b-boy in a week.Singers on the other hand are born with it.And they are far less entertaining.You may have searched Susan Boyle online but I bet most people just left the sound on and switched tabs.The same can be said for any singer today.In the videos,it's the backup dancers or actors who keep you glued to the screen.And most singers leave the choreographing to the producers.You think they actually know and prepared the moves themselves?Singing belongs and should stay in singing competitions.I have no problem with American Idol and I will not criticise the show(in fact,I kinda like Adam Lambert's flamboyance). But if you think Susan Boyle will fade away after this competition you are far wrong.Apparently,Simon Cowell is very interested in producing her debut album and is planning a movie and book about her life.I'm gonna go hide in a cave now.Send for me when she's back in Blackburn singing in the church choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment